Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A few of my favorite things . . .

1. Hearing my Italian roommates sing songs in English, specifically Yellow Submarine
2. When the Italians talk to each other it always seems like they're arguing
3. When they're actually arguing I'm afraid someone is going to die
4. Buying fresh fruit from little stalls everywhere
5. Learning how to say where I'm from: Sono americana, di Arkansas (pronounced OUR-CAN-SEZZZZZ)
6. Taking a million and a half photos of the Campo and Palazzo Publico
7. Watching the little kids in costumes run around the Campo on the weekends throwing confetti everywhere and shooting silly string each other (and then on Monday morning all that confetti magically disappears)


8. Counting how many kids on the Campo are dressed as Spiderman
9. Wandering around and discovering that I have been taking unnecessarily long routes to get places
10. Going to the market -- I discovered why Italians are so fashionable, their markets are amazing! I don't think I even saw half of the stalls. I walked around for a while then realized I could see no end to the madness and went to go study.
11. Going for gelato every day, and sometimes twice a day
12. Weekend trip to Lucca and a Carnival festival in Viareggio on Sunday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's almost as good as being there. Thanks for all the descriptions. It must really be very intersting.

Unknown said...

Whoops. "interesting"